Sunday, July 15, 2007

8 Days Letter of the Week

“Bite Me”
For every occasion albeit a celebration or unlucky in love, there is the perfect food to go along with it and your issue #878 personifies it on a National level. There are foot trails longer than the Great Wall of China when it comes to queuing up for cuisine in this food-crazy Island. Led by our 'Queen of bottomless stomach' Fiona Xie could be the most underestimated food hunter with a nose for tasty morsels. 8 Days have single-handedly put these 42 food establishments on the map of Singapore dining, pairing the moment to the food like a Sommelier would match the wine to the main course.
Food Hunter
Published on 8 Days Issue No.879 dated August 23, 2007
“Zoe-Pursuit”
With the most recognizable face in Singapore, I have been pursuing news about Zoe for years but no one came close to the thrill your magazine provided on issue 874. Watching her every move and gesture has me intrigued from head to toe. Holding out my magnifying glasses to scan details of her gesticulations, the clothes and accessories she had on while scribbling notes onto my scrapbook, next to the pictures you took from afar. Kudos to Zoe for being such a good sport for participating in this ‘Cat & Mouse’ paparazzi game bordering on the lines of stalking and adulation. The Xclusive interview with Brayden ushers in the birth of another new starlet. Welcome to the world of Show-Biz, Brayden!
Celebrity Bandwagon
Published on 8 Days Issue No.875 dated July 26, 2007
“Potter-Guide”
JK Rowling has finally begun preparing him up for a grand stand finish to our wizardry battle with Hermione and Ron in tow. My powers have almost fully recovered and my destiny with Potter will be revealed in the Order of the Phoenix. My return has been speculated and whispered in secrecy but it’s time to come forth and behold my dark powers! Your interview has given me more insight to the weakness of my sworn enemy and this issue will be in my back pocket as a reference guide when we are ready to duel!
Lord Moldy-mort
Published on 8 Days Issue No.874 dated July 19, 2007
"What's the BIG deal?"
"Honey, they have shrunk 8 Days!" perked my wife in her shrieking voice. "What?" I answered shakily from slumber. As my eyes come into focus, three beauties emerge in a tiny package of infotainment in the palm of my hand. Can it be true or is it my imagination that 8 Days had re-invented itself into bite size portions with the same wholesome goodness? Somehow, getting smaller has never been bigger in new perspectives and substance. The story on DOND briefcase girls have opened new looks to beauty and brawn. Coming to terms with earning $250,000 and how well it can feed you does makes sense of life in a nutshell. One thing for sure, it can buy me a few dozens of lifetime subscription to 8 Days. It’s a DEAL!
Deep Sleep
Published on 8 Days Issue No. 869 dated June 14, 2007

No comments:

Disclaimer

Copyright 2006-2008. All Rights Reserved.